How to request a visit
The BikeMobile is a free service that focuses on serving youth and families in Alameda County. Each visit lasts between 2-4 hours, and we can fix between 10-40 bikes per visit, including fixing flat tires, adjust brakes and gears, and replacing old chains, seats, and tires. Schedule us to join an existing event or make us the main attraction!
- Free-of-charge for youth and parents from low-income families
- Permission from principal or director
- Have 20×20 ft. space available for the BMB to park
- A point-of-contact is available to assist with intake in the first hour of the visit
- A person is able to promote the visit at the school or organization
- At least ten (10) people must be signed-up to participate 48 hours in advance of a BMB visit. Note that if this requirement is unmet, the visit will be cancelled
- To ensure that youth and families maximize their opportunity to learn about bicycle repair, all visits occurring during school hours will be scheduled to take place at 11 AM or later
Follow the six easy steps below to schedule your visit:
Check for Eligibility
Make sure your event meets the minimum requirements.
Find a perfect available date.
Now that your event has been scheduled, use these materials to help you get the word out and get organized:
- Appoint someone to help BMB with intake for the first hour of the visit
- If a person can stay during the entire visit, they can help set-up and clean-up
After the visit, BikeMobile will contact you with a post-event survey link asking you to respond with feedback within 1 week of the event. Support your local bike shops by downloading this 2014-2015 list of bike shops in Alameda County.
We kindly remind everyone that California state law requires all bicyclists under the age of 18 to wear a helmet.
Note for School Visits: We cannot repair bikes not belonging to guardians or school staff.
Note for Public Events: We prioritize youth and parent bikes, if there is a high demand. However, our educational services are open to everyone, even for those without a bike.
- * Indicates that event is private and closed to the public.