Golden Sneaker Contest
In the Golden Sneaker Contest, classrooms keep track of how many students get to school by walking, biking, taking the bus, or carpooling. Classrooms with the highest level of participation receive a Golden Sneaker trophy. Prizes can be made for students or classrooms. For students who live far away from school but would still like to participate in the contest, administrators may designate a “park-and-walk” location a few blocks away from the school. Contest details vary by school.
Schools in which the majority of classrooms participate may be eligible for the “Platinum Sneaker” award, a contest among all eligible schools within Alameda County, where the winning school will receive a Platinum Sneaker trophy and be recognized by the Alameda County Transportation Commission.
Wondering how to implement the Golden Sneaker Contest at your school? Watch this video to find out!
Albany Middle School students made this video for their Golden Sneaker Contest:
- Golden Sneaker 2016 Toolkit – English
- Parent Letter – English and Spanish
- Newsletter Text – English and Spanish
- Golden Sneaker Poster spring 2016 – English | Spanish
- Elementary School Golden Sneaker Activity – English
- Middle and High School Golden Sneaker Activity – English
Whatever your needs are, we’d love to hear from you!